Economy and Finance
Recovery plan for growth & jobs
In the current context of rising unemployment and sluggish growth prospects, the PES is calling for the continuation of recovery policies. Only if we manage to tackle unemployment and generate growth, will we be able to achieve fiscal consolidation. This is why we oppose to the conservatives’ exit strategy, and propose instead an entry strategy into the labour market.
Recovery must also be linked to a long term strategy for Europe. We need to come out of the crisis stronger than we entered it. The PES calls notably for public investment programmes to be developed.
- Respecting Democracy means a European Growth Agenda, adopted by the PES Presidency, 10 May 2012
- PES Leaders declaration 'Europe is in the wrong hands', 4-5 March 2011
- Ways out of the crisis, by the Economic Council of the Labour Movement, March 2011
- Draft report on the financial, economic and social crisis: recommendations concerning measures and initiatives, by Pervenche Berès, 6 May 2010
- Powerpoint presentation to SPD Conference "Responses to the crisis - Central ideas of a new economic policy", by Poul Nyrup Rasmusen, 21 April 2010
- Policy brief PES
- FEPS document: Fiscal tightening will jeopardize fiscal recovery 25 March 2010
- PES position paper Entry strategy into the labour market
- PES recovery plan
- Leaders' declaration of the 25 March 2010