The XI PES Congress will take place on 7-8 December in Lisbon, Portugal. Hundreds of delegates from the PES Member parties across Europe will gather to debate key issues ahead of the 2019 European elections and to acclaim the PES Common Candidate, Frans Timmermans.
The Congress is being organised with the invaluable support of PS Portugal.
A provisional programme for the Congress can be downloaded here.
Events at Congress
The Congress will approve eight resolutions addressing key issues facing Europe today. These resolutions will form the basis of the PES manifesto for the 2019 European elections:
- For a Europe of gender equality and empowered women
- Progressive economy
- Social Europe
- A healthy environment and food, green growth and modern industries
- For a stronger democracy in Europe
- For fair and progressive asylum and migration policies that work for all
- Empowering youth
- For a fair, sustainable, peaceful and prosperous world
As in previous years, activists and organisations from the social democratic family will make a big contribute to Congress.
In advance of the Congress, PES Women will organise its Annual Conference on 6 December - Violence against Women in Politics: A cost to Democracy. Register here to the PES Women Annual Conference.