7th PES Congress Porto 7-8 December 2006
The Party of European Socialists held its Congress – Europe’s biggest gathering of socialist and social democratic party leaders - on 7-8 December in Porto, Portugal.
PES Congress is a major political event with over 300 voting delegates and up to 1,000 people attending from our member parties and EU countries (plus Romania, Bulgaria and Norway), as well as guests from associate, observer and other international parties and organizations. It took place at the old customs warehouse, the Alfândega Congress Centre, on the banks of the river Douro.
Documents and resolutions
Documents presented to the Congress
- Report on The New Social Europe presented by Poul Nyrup Rasmussen and Jacques Delors
- Report presented by PES Women
- Report of Activities of the Socialist Group in the EP
- Report presented by the Committee of Regions
- Report presented by ECOSY
- Our common European Ambitions: A Framework for PES Action 2007-2009
- Secure energy supply and smart, green growth; A new social democratic energy policy
- New Social Europe: Ten principles for our common future
- Resolution on the Middle East
- Resolution on Belarus
- Media as a Guarantor of Cultural Diversity and Pluralism in the European Union