PES Congress, Prague, 7-8 December 2009
In 2009 the PES Congress took place in Prague, Czech Republic on 7-8 December and it was the starting point of a broad debate on the European Left for the 21st century.
Putting in practice its approach towards limiting climate change, the PES decided to offset its staff's CO2 emissions.
Following the success of the PES Councils in 2008 and 2007 and PES Congress in 2006, where PES activists were a lively presence that marked a new way of integrating grassroots into European politics, activists were invited to take part to this important socialist gathering.
Resolutions - adopted by the Congress
- Resolution 1 - People first: A Progressive European Agenda
- Resolution 2 - A New Way Forward, A Stronger PES
Appeals - adopted by the Congress
- PES activity report
- Group of the Progressive Alliance of Socialists & Democrats the European Parliament
- PES Group in the Committee of the Regions
- PES Women
- Foundation for European Progressive Studies (FEPS)
- European Forum for Democracy and Solidarity
- European Senior Organization (ESO)
- Union of Socialist Local and Regional Representatives in Europe (USLRRE)
- Rainbow Rose