The 2016 PES Council took place on 1-3 December in Prague, under the title 'Saving Europe'.
At the top of the agenda was the future of Europe in an age of growing populism on both sides of the Atlantic. Our planning focused particularly on improving the lives and futures of young people – our top priority.
The 2016 Council was co-hosted by the Czech Social Democratic Party (CSSD) and was preceded by an activists event on 1 December, as well as a PES Women Annual Meeting on the same date.
Council Resolution "Saving Europe: for Youth and Progress":
- PES Council 2016: Grassroots Involvement and a Strong Social Resolution, 3 December 2016
- Sergei Stanishev Calls on Preserving Collective Bargaining and the Social Model in Greece, 3 December 2016
- Socialist Leaders united in demand for action, 2 December 2016
- Stanishev: Socialists must fight for what they believe, 2 December 2016
- World AIDS Day, 1 December 2016
- Activists gather for first day of PES Council, 1 December 2016