Transport ministers: EU mobility package is a real opportunity
PES transport ministers today adopted a common declaration entitled "Make the EU Mobility Package a real opportunity to create a fairer European road transport sector".
The PES transport ministers' network is chaired by Jörg Leichtfried, Austrian minister for transport, innovation and technology.
In the declaration, ministers call for reinstating the principle of equal pay for equal work of equal value, and for improving transport workers' living conditions and road safety. They also call for closing loopholes that allow companies to undermine road transport workers' rights, and to strengthen control measures for better rule enforcement in the road transport sector.
The declaration is signed by:
- Jörg Leichtfried, Chairman of the PES Transport Ministers’ Network, Minister for Transport, Innovation and Technology, Austria
- Graziano Delrio, Minister for Infrastructures and Transport, Italy
- Ian Borg, Minister for Transport, Infrastructure and Capital Projects, Malta
- Pedro Marques, Minister of Planning and Infrastructure, Portugal
- Tomas Eneroth, Minister for Infrastructure, Sweden